Pay what you want · No DRM · No in-app purchases
Get the soundtrack on Bandcamp
Lexcavator comes in two editions
...free and paid. The two editions are exactly the same (and updates are always free)! But by chipping in a few bucks, you:
- help offset hosting costs
- encourage the development of upgrades, ports, and sequels
- demonstrate your support for fun word games
The best part? You can name your own price for Lexcavator. (The suggested amount is US$5.) After you've completed the checkout process, you'll be able to download the game for your choice of platforms immediately.
For up-to-the-minute news and updates:Follow @lexcavator
Word game meets platformer in this hybrid action/puzzle game.
Familar mechanics with a twist
- Platformer controls meet word game puzzles. Your goal: Guide @ as deep as you can into an infinite well of letters by clearing words from the board.
- Don't have every obscure three-letter word memorized? No problem! Lexcavator's fluid level generation algorithm keeps the board filled with longer, more satisfying words.
- Power-ups (like * Blast, ? Alchemize, and _ Erode) can help or hinder your progress. Use them strategically!
Three game modes to please all kinds of gamers
- Arcade: Dig deep and fast while the screen scrolls upwards.
- Time Trial: Pick an interval (ninety seconds or four minutes) and get as many points as possible before time's up.
- Quest Mode: Dozens of challenges designed to test your lexcavation skills. No time limit in this mode—play at your own pace!
Keep tabs on your progress
- Lexcavator keeps detailed records of your highest scoring games across all modes.
- Want to know how your skills stack up? Compare your scores against the global leaderboard!
- Visit the Hall of Lexcellence to see a list of your all-time highest scoring words.
Don't take our word for it...
"Smart blend of genres... it all fits together so naturally... clever and exciting"—Chris Donlan, Edge Online
"Exciting and hectic... Words With Friends as an action game"—Bitmob
"...if you like word-games and/or retro arcade games you MUST try Lexcavator"—@keithcalder